Followers

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Being Short...





To begin, this is my first Blog I ever had and this will be my 1st post on my Blog.  I want to be honest and keep it real with all my future followers. I don't have a degree in journalism and I’m not a perfect writer, but I enjoy sharing with others, so if you see lots of typos please forgive me. The purpose of the blog is that we all have an awesome time.



As you should all know by now my name is Darlene.  For future references I will direct my followers as my darlings... I think it sounds cute and is pretty much close to my name.So, for the records once upon a time when I lived in Puerto Rico I was 4'11.  Somehow, I don't know how, when I came to New York I lost an inch! The doctor told me that I was 4'10"! I was heartbroken, that means one more inch to cut off long pants when shopping, but then I can just buy capris they are the perfect length, they fit me like long pants and I don't have to get them cut and hemmed.



Based on information that I found on the internet "By definition a little person or "dwarf" is a considered to be a person with an adult height of less than 4 feet 10 inches" here is the link if you are interested in reading about it http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-height-to-be-considered-a-little-person ].



Being a short person is not easy especially being that I live in NY and I travel by train.  If I don't find a seat in the train you know I have to smell arm pits the whole ride to work, and believe me in summer it's horrible, especially when people don't use deodorant. If there is no seats I have to lean on the doors because holding on to the top bar is more like hanging to the bar when you are short. 



Now my darlings that are short, I figure out a way in how to get a seat in the train.  I found that if I push my stomach out and put my hand in the back of my waist, or rub my stomach in circular movements someone always gives me a seat...try it 




1 comment: